Friday 16 April 2010

Hummus Time

I love hummus, and I really love homemade hummus. Its so simple and quick and I think much more tastier when you make it at home. I love it so much that I've videoed myself making it, so now you can watch me make it, and then try for yourself.





Ingredients

1 can of chickpeas (400 grams)
1/4 tsp freshly ground cumin powder
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
2 tbsp of tahini paste
juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
salt for seasoning

Method

Open a can of chickpeas and save about 2 tbsp of the liquid then drain and rinse the rest of the can. Add the liquid and chickpeas to a food processor and give it a quick whizz. Then add the remaining ingredients and whizz up until you have a smooth hummus like texture.

Serve with whatever takes your fancy!

3 comments:

  1. that's not a quarter of a teaspoon...! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the salt? Yea I thought that too, but didn't want to do another video again! Please excuse my measurement in the video, and just use salt for seasoning!

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Bindz! Will have to give it a try :-)

    ReplyDelete