Tuesday 19 July 2011

Lassi from Savera Dairy

I've had the pleasure of trying out some new Indian dairy products courtesy of Savera Dairy. They are not available in the shops yet, so I'll do my best to describe how delicious Savera lassis are.

Refreshing, tasty, thirst quenching and gorgeous.

There are two lassies available in the Savera diary range; mango and cardamom (picture on the left) and sweet lassi. They both have a thick consistency and a great full flavour.

I didn't expect this but the mango and cardamom lassi gave me a food memory from my childhood. The mango and cardamon took me back to the days when my parents would invite all my aunts, uncles and cousins over for food and instead of making a full on Indian meal, we'd have fried puri's with cold mango juice. It may sound like an odd combination but it's quite popular to make this when you're cooking for over twenty people. The combination of the hot puri with the cold mango tasted great. The food memory I instantly got from Savera Diary mango and cardamon lassi was a lovely reminder of a cherished past.




These products are great for a mid morning or mid afternoon drink, when you're in between meals and feeling a bit peckish. They remind me of a smoothie and have a similar filling feeling.


The sweet lassi is just as good. A lovely thick consistency with a delicate aromatic cardamon flavour. A very pleasing drink and unlike anything else on the market that I have seen. I look forward to seeing them on the shelves in my local supermarket.
@SaveraDairy

No comments:

Post a Comment