Wednesday 4 August 2010

Scene & Heard Summer Time Shakes

Sorry!!! I know I haven't been updating my blog as much as I'd like to but I hope to try and change that. Meanwhile let me tell you about a project I have been involved with called Scene & Heard.

Scene & Heard is a fantastic mentoring project for children who live in the Somers Town area of London. Its a play making and play writing course for children aged between 9 - 15. Over a period of about 8 weeks the children have a mentor in the shape of a theatre professional and they are taught basic drama and playwright skills. They then over a weekend wright a 8 minute play which is then put on by 2 professional actors and a director. Its then performed over a  4 nights at Theatro Technis. I've volunteered for them as an actor on 3 occasions, and I've played a skittle and rose.

The plays are totally out of this world. They are so imaginative and contain everything from comedy, tragedy, love, hate, revenge, envy, and loss. You really have to see it to believe it. So if you haven't seen a Scene & Heard play, go check out their website to see when the next event is on. You'll have the best night out at the theatre you've ever had.

So in honor if my time at Scene & Heard I thought I'd whizz up some Scene & Heard summertime shakes. There's nothing better, then grabbing some juice, fruit, yoghurt and ice. Whizzing it up in a blender and making yourself a little smoothie. I love them, and its a fab way of getting some of your 5 a day. Below you will find the base of my summertime shakes and then a list of ingredients that you can play with to make your own shake depending on what you fancy!


Base Ingredients

1 banana
yoghurt
OJ
Crushed ice

Extra ingredients that makes smoothie fab;

 Any fruit possible; apple, plums, grapes, oats, nuts, berries, honey, granola, melon, ginger, peanut butter, frozen grapes, frozen bananas, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, mango's, pomegranate, pineapple, kiwi, nectarine, peaches..the list can go on. But I think you get the idea.

Method

Cut up the fruit into chunks and place all the ingredients that you want into a blender then whizz away!!

Grab a friend make a smoothie and enjoy the summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment